We currently have openings to join our growing team. We’re looking for a few good employees in the Portland metro area who are interested in working for a family-owned business with an excellent reputation and stellar group of team members. Are you looking to join a team that feels like family, that works hard but has fun too, coupled with a very competitive benefit package? Then read on and contact us about this great opportunity!
Western Bus Sales is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current open positions are:
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Light travel possible
- High School education or higher
Western Bus Sales Inc. (WBS) is looking for an experienced gas /diesel Technician to join our Service department. The position is full time is located at our main office. WBS is an ASE certified repair facility. We are a NAPA Certified Truck repair shop with an onsite NAPA parts store and warehouse.
WBS is a certified repair facility for Blue Bird, Cummins, Onspot, Ricon, Braun, MCC, TransAir, ROUSH CleanTech, and Webasto, among many others. Preference will be given to truck, bus and / or heavy equipment experience. Knowledge of Ford & GM chassis is a definite asset. The applicant should possess strong trouble shooting skills. The mechanical work will be varied and will be performed on trucks, school and commercial buses, and RVs.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & APTITUDES:
- Proven mechanical trouble shooting ability
- Well organized, attentive to detail and efficient with time
- Possess a willingness and ability to learn
- Good communication skills
- Able to describe in written reports the mechanical and diagnostic work performed (for warranty and other internal reports)
- Team player and also able to work independently
- Clean and care for work area and shop tools & equipment
PAY & BENEFITS:
The pay scale is competitive and will be determined based upon experience and ability to perform the necessary job duties. Robust medical/dental/vision benefits, 401k match, profit sharing, life insurance and long term disability insurance are just some of the many fringe benefits offered.
- ASE certification and / or willingness to pursue
- References from past employers
- Able to supply own tools
- Minimum of 1 year mechanical work experience in the automotive, truck or bus industry
- Possess an active driver license
- Related mechanical / electrical certifications and specialized training courses
- Technical Training Certificate
- Driver license with CDL endorsement
- A/C experience
All employees are required to participate in our DOT drug & alcohol testing program.
This posting will remain open until filled.
–> Please email your resume to the attention of: Matt Fery. Faxes are also welcome: (503) 905-0003